Award-winning Musical Director, Jonathan Albertini, created the first SingGC event in 2017, as an opportunity for everyone to get together and experience the fun and enjoyment of singing popular songs in a group.
Since then, SingGC has grown to create a pathway for people passionate about singing to join with the well-established a cappella chorus The Blenders. Rich with experience in competition and community performances, The Blenders are proud to be exclusively associated with SingGC and its initiatives.
We welcome people of all ages and experience levels. Our philosophy is to share the enjoyment of singing in a supportive and inclusive environment.
Jonathan Albertini graduated with a Masters of Music Studies from the Queensland Conservatorium in 2018 and continues to perform in the competition barbershop quartet, Upgrade. He is committed to youth development and is the Barbershop Harmony Australia (BHA) Youth Development Officer in Queensland. He is the Musical Director for a number of a cappella choruses on the Gold Coast.
The Blenders are Australia’s most awarded barbershop and a cappella chorus, having recently celebrated their 30th Anniversary. With a motto of “In heart and harmony” their goal is to sing and perform at the highest possible level and be the best citizens they can possibly be. Some of their recent performances and accolades include:
- 2019 Australia Day Award Recipient of the Gold Coast City Council – Gold FM Community Service Award
- 2018 Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremony
- 2018 Bleach Festival
- Opening Ceremony of Gold Coast Home of the Arts (HOTA) in 2018
- Gold Coast Council’s Citizenship, and ANZAC Day ceremonies
- Australian National Chorus Champions eight consecutive times and twice Pan Pacific Chorus Champions
- Television competitions: X-Factor, Battle of the Choirs and Australia’s Got Talent.